Pay invoices and bills
Following your card transaction, Billhop receives the funds from acquirers within 2-4 business days (depending on card used). When the funds have been deposited into our client funds account we initiate a payment to the end recipient through Faster Payments (receipt of payment the same day) or CHAPS.
A scheduled transaction is a one-time payment with a future due date, that is your payment will reach the payee on the date you choose and your card will be charged four days before that, not immediately.
A recurring payment is a payment that will be made every month on the same day with the same amount and to the same recipient, according to your instructions.
Please note that if you put in both a scheduled and a recurring payment your card will be charged twice and, as a consequence, your payment will also be carried out twice.
When adding a payment, choose if it’s a company or private individual you want to pay to by clicking on one of the two buttons which are located underneeth “Recipient type”. When the button becomes green, you can click on payee history (in blue, to the right) and select the recipient you would like to pay to.
Payment takes place within 4 business days, unless otherwise specified at the point of payment. Note that holidays and weekends might add extra days to the payout process.
Billhop is a great way to turn bills you have to pay into Avios points or other rewards and to extend the payment period.
Examples of the most common bills paid with Billhop are:
- Home repairs and renovations
- Car and car repairs /service
- Recurring rent and utility bills /amenities (electricity, mobile phone bills)
- Tax (council tax, corporate tax, HMRC…)
- Legal fees
- School/day care tuition
- Sportclub and other membership fees
- Any invoice-based purchase for goods or services
It is not allowed to pay:
- Debt collectors or credit card issuers.
- Bitcoin companies
- Remittance (transferring money from a private individual to another)
- And following the guidelines of American Express you can not make payments to financial institutions or payments to a private account with an Amex card.
Please note that the purpose of your transaction should always be stated clearly in the reference field.
You can pay invoices to suppliers in the UK and the Euro zone. You cannot pay invoices to debt collection agency, or to another credit card issuer. For invoice payments with American Express you can’t make payments to credit institutions or companies with similar operations.
- Card issuers
- Collecting agencies (credits, debts, loans)
- BitCoin/Cryptocurrency marketplaces
- Exchange currency intermediaries
- Casino and Gambling
For American Express, the following additional payments are not allowed
- Banks and financial institutions
- Loans and credit payments
- Payments to Own Company which is defined as; “payments to businesses for which the payer either serves as a board member, chief executive or is an authorised signatory”
Futhermore, we don’t accept remittance (transferring money from a private individual to another one) and transactions to one’s bank account.
Please note that the purpose of your transaction must always be stated clearly.
Sure you can! As long as you have an internet connection, you can access your Billhop account – wherever you are in the world.
When you pay your invoices through Billhop, both your invoices and our fee are shown on your bank statement.
If you log in to your Billhop account, you can see the status of all your registered invoices. You can also choose to receive an e-mail when the payment of an invoice is completed.
You will receive your money back within 3-5 working days.