Pay your Council Tax bill with your credit card
Regardless what council you live in, you can pay your Council Tax bill online via Billhop using your credit card.
If you are 18 or over and you rent or own a home you are eligible to pay Council Tax.
Now you can use Billhop to pay it online with your credit card.
How can I pay my Council Tax bill through Billhop?
First of all you need to register an account on our website. It is an automated process that will only take you a couple of minutes. Once you have created an account, you can start carrying out your transactions through Billhop.
To pay your Council Tax bill by credit card; just like for any other payment on Billhop, you simply need to know:
- The bank details of your recipient (sort code and account number)
- The amount you would like to pay
- The reference you need to enter so that your payee can identify your transaction.
After that, you will enter your credit card details, which will be processed according to the high security standards of the industry, and confirm your transaction. The funds will be received by your beneficiary after four business days.
Who doesn’t need to pay Council Tax?
- Children under 18
- People on apprentice schemes
- 18 and 19-year-olds in full time education
- Full time college and university students
- Young people under 25 who get funding from the Skills Funding Agency or Young People’s Learning Agency
- Student nurses
- Foreign language assistants registered with the British Council
- People with a severe mental impairment
- Live-in carers who look after someone who isn’t their partner, spouse, or child under 18
Where do I get the information for my payment?
All you need is on your Council Tax bill, that is:
- How much you have to pay for the year
- How that amount has been worked out
- The dates you have to pay
How is the cost split?
Usually, the cost is split into 10 monthly payments. If you think you’ll have trouble paying, please contact your Council immediately and they will offer an alternative payment solution.
Are there any other benefits for me if I pay through Billhop?
- Collect loyalty, reward and bonus points on your card
- Utilize the interest free credit period on your credit card to even out your liquidity and avoid applying for new loans to pay your day care/nursery, school or university fees
- Benefit from Billhop’s functionality such as scheduled and recurring payments in order to never miss a payment again
Get started in minutes!
It's easy to get started with Billhop. A quick registration and you're all set to start paying bills and invoices with your credit card.
Want us to contact you?
Would you like us to contact you on a time that suits you? Just fill in the form below and we get back to you at your convenience.